A helpful and comprehensive guide to raising and training dogs of any age, from two of Australia’s leading animal behaviourists.
Whether you’re looking to train a new puppy or to teach an older dog some new tricks, this easy-to-follow guide is for you.
Jen and Ryan Tate are expert animal trainers with years of experience helping dog owners to develop happy and confident pets.
In this informative book they distil all their advice so you can feel prepared, stay in control and enjoy a great relationship with your new dog, including:
– Choosing the right breed for you and your lifestyle
– Preparing your home and the first 48 hours with your pup
– House training and basic training
– Socialisation and confidence-building
– Play, exercise, tricks and rewards
– Resolving common behavioural issues such as barking, digging and chewing
– Ongoing learning and fun for teenage and adult dogs
Clearly written and well organised, and with evidence-based training techniques, this is the perfect handbook for creating a stress-free and enjoyable bond with your puppy or dog.
About the Authors
Ryan and Jen Tate are a unique couple whose passion for animals is central to their work and lives. Between them they have almost 30 years of experience as two of Australia’s most in-demand and respected dog and animal behaviourists, including several years at the famous Taronga Zoo. They hold a range of qualifications and their business, Tate Animal Training Enterprises, specialises in many areas of training from puppy preschool all the way to training for conservation and detection dogs. Jen and Ryan live in Port Macquarie with their three young children and several highly skilled and affectionate dogs.